Biking & Kayaking the TART/Boardman Loop
We’ll fit you with a modern 15-speed Fuji mountain bike or beachcruiser and point you up the TART TRAIL along the waterfront and safely through Traverse City’s vibrant shopping district. Your next stretch is a quiet, tree-lined path around the East shore of Boardman Lake and within twenty minutes you’ll arrive at our kayak livery at Logan’s Landing and the Medalie Park Bird Sanctuary. Now you’re ready for the Boardman backstretch and some serious fun. Launch a sleek Jackson Kayak for a return trip to Clinch Park via the beautiful Boardman River system including Boardman Lake, alive with swans, ducks, coots, and loons. And let’s not forget the native brown trout, bass, pike, and even walleye.
The Boardman experience offers something for everyone. At any time during your trip you’re free to stop and shop: Cherry Republic, Kilwins Chocolates, Nifty Things or other unique retail stores. Enjoy a quick 100% Beef Burger, Brat or Hot Dog, at Clinch Park or a pint of award-winning beer at The Workshop Brewing on the banks of the Boardman. Or, begin at Logan’s Landing (free parking), paddle to Clinch Park, have lunch, shop, take a dip in West Bay, and whenever you’re ready, jump on a rental bike and head back to Logan’s Landing on one of our Rental Bikes.
TART/Boardman Loop – Pedal Up, Paddle Back!
- Hull Park (1 hour) – $55 Adult kayak, half off for Child kayak
- YMCA (2 hours) – $65 Adult kayak, half off for Child kayak
- Sabin Dam (3 hours) – $75 Adult kayak, half off for Child kayak
Guided TART/Boardman Loop
- Choose your tour from the above options and add$50 per group for a tour guide!
- All trips include bike, helmet and kayak, paddle and life preserver, or stand up paddle board & leash.